- The Indian Theatre programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- The Department offers facilities for Inter-disciplinary research towards Ph.D. to the Theatre students in the field of various aspects of Acting, Designing and Direction etc.
- The Department organises exhibitions, workshops and seminars to expose the students to various innovations, new trends and concepts in theatre.
- The students get an opportunity to participate in public performances put up by the Department. They are expected to work in the productions as actors and back-stage workers.
- Some merit scholarships are available for talented students.
- The two year Master's course in Indian Theatre provides intensive and full time training in the theoretical and practical aspects of theatre. Acting, Movement, Voice, Production, Speech, Singing, Improvisation, Theatre-games, Yoga, Mime, Text-study Style, Character-building, Stage Make-up, Use and control of imagination constitute the integral part of the practical training. Representative plays from Indian and Western dramatic literature and the history of theatre are dealt with in considerable detail. Practical lessons in stage lighting, set and costume designing are imparted. The knowledge of regional theatre forms and their creative application in the modern context is emphasised.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Liberal Arts Theatre & Dance View 28 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Graduation from any recognized university with aptitude for theater
- Written & Performance Test for admission to M.A. I.
International168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 168 USD per year during 24 months.
National168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 168 USD per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 12,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.