Objectives of the Tourism and Travel Management programme at the Panjab University:
- To nurture in students professional and managerial excellence, social and cultural sensitivity, moral and ethical responsibility with a conscious concern for the environment.
- To create avenues for the promotion of knowledge and foster opportunities for learning.
- To undertake collaborations with apex tourism and hospitality bodies/agencies/ organisations both in India and abroad for facilitating the professionalization of hotel management and tourism education; establishing enterprising partnerships with industry, commerce as well as with other institutions that are both mutually beneficial and productive for society.
- To develop and sustain world-class, scientific research and foster the values which students need to excel, ensuring that they are fully equipped for the world of work.
- To empower students to carve out successful careers for themselves and to connect them with the changing scenario of the economy and its socio- cultural environs.
- To render specialized training to undergraduate/graduates/post graduates/industry professionals in tourism and hospitality related subjects.
- To meet the growing demand of hospitality, tourism and travel industry for professionally trained manpower.
- To undertake educational programmes and to organize courses of studies, lectures, seminars, symposia and conferences etc. on various aspects of hospitality, tourism and travel sector.
- To provide continuing educational opportunities and facilities on various aspects of tourism and hospitality industry.
- To extend advice/suggestions for promotion and development of tourism in the country.
- The vision of the program is to prepare the students for immediate employment in the relevant functional area in industry/take-up entrepreneurship individually. Further nurturing such professionals by providing an overall and extensive exposure of tourism and hospitality industry.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Tourism & Leisure View 7 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelors Degree in any discipline of the University or a degree of any other University which has been recognized by Syndicate as equivalent thereto with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate.
- Wherever for admission, Bachelor’s Degree is the minimum requirement, it shall mean the first degree obtained under 10+2+3 scheme. The first degree obtained under the old scheme (14-year course) till April, 1995 will be treated at par with the first degree under 10+2+3 scheme for the purpose of admission to these courses.
- Every candidate must apply for the Reserved / Additional Category(ies) to which he/she belongs to in the Admission Form. All candidates will be considered in the General Category irrespective of the fact that they have claimed for admission under Reserved/ Additional Categories. No candidate shall be considered for admission against any Reserved Category (ies) for which he/she has not applied.
International812 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 812 USD per year during 24 months.
National812 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 812 USD per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 60000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.