This Nationalism and Conflict Management program at the University of Salamanca is based on interdisciplinary training and offers students the tools that they will need to understand and address complex issues related to nationalism, ethnic conflict and peace processes not only in regions like the Middle East, Easter Europe or Africa but also in the European Union and the Americas.
Students develop an integrated understanding of the global challenges created by nationalism, ethnic conflict, and identity. They study the contemporary international system through coursework across different topics in the fields of Global Studies and International Relations (Peace & Security, Global Economics, History of War and Conflict, International Negotiation, Global Migration, International Organizations, International Law, Global Security, Terrorism, and Conflict Management). During the last semester students can also choose a practicum/internship project that connects them with the profession of which they want to be a part.
This Masters in Nationalism and Conflict Management is unique and stands alone in terms of offering both theoretical tools and practicums. Graduates will become a sought out workforce by NGOs, governmental organizations, multinationals, and international organizations with peace keeping agendas.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Methods and Theory in Global and International Studies
- History of International Relations
- Multiculturalism in the Contemporary World
- Nations and Nationalism
- Global Security
- Conflict Assessment, Prevention, and Management
- Terrorism in the 21st Century
- Human Rights and Transitional Justice
- World Public Opinion
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science Terrorism & Security View 6 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree in areas that match and/or provide an adequate background for the selected concentration.
- A statement of purpose. Give a brief statement outlining your reasons for undertaking a graduate program, your interest in a particular area of specialization, your past academic work, and your plans for future occupation or profession. No more than two pages.
- A satisfactory level of mastering of the English language is required.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Student Visas: To be processed by the Spanish Consulate after receiving a letter of acceptance from the University of Salamanca.
International7600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3800 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA7600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3800 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.