- The Department at the Panjab University has regular full-time courses for MA and M.Phil. The Masters' programme in Public Administration is job oriented in nature and multi-disciplinary in approach. The course has been scientifically planned so that it constitutes building blocks to impart specialized, skill based education through teaching, activities, workshops, seminars and conferences. It provides students with the knowledge and skills to analyze and manage processes of governance, policy making and administration at many levels of government.
- The diversified course content has made the courses popular both in and outside India. The Department has been attracting students from Ethiopia, Thailand, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan. Earlier a large number of African, Mauritian and Iranian students were regularly enrolled in the Department. Some of the foreign students are sponsored under cultural exchange programmes. Against 60 seats, the department normally receives around 700 applications.
- The M.Phil. Course has been designed with a view to impart knowledge of recent advances in the discipline and to train the students in the theory and practice of research.
- The Department is actively involved in Capacity Building of Non-teaching employees of Panjab University, Chandigarh. The Department conducted 20 programmes (2015-16 to 2017-18) for administrative and ministerial staff of the University and other educational institutions in the neighbouring region. These training programmes have covered the modules on basic skills for office professionals (Clerks, Assistants, Superintendents, Stenographers, Personal Assistants, Assistant Registrars and Deputy Registrars).
- Some specific programmes on Noting and Drafting skills, Management of disciplinary proceedings, effective writing, effective communication have also been designed and successfully administered. Besides training programmes have also been conducted for peons and other class C staff of the University to apprise them of latest technology and also to make them multi-skilled staff.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Political Science View 20 other Masters in Political Science in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelors degree obtaining at least 45 per cent marks in the subject of Postgraduate course, or 50 per cent marks in the aggregate.
- Masters degree examination in another subject or another faculty;
- B.A. (Pass) with 45% marks in Political Science or Economics or Sociology or Psychology.
International141 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 141 USD per year during 24 months.
National141 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 141 USD per year during 24 months.
- 10400 Indian rupees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.