- The subjects taught at M.A. level include specialized study of archaeology, epigraphy and numismatics, social, political and economic institutions, Greater India besides papers on art and architecture, political and religious history, historical geography and history of literature. Post graduate and post doctoral research facilities are available and a large number of its students have been awarded Ph.D. degrees with more than a dozen research scholars pursuing their research for Ph.D. degree under the guidance of various faculty members. The Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archeology programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- The Department has already published the proceedings of the seminar on Working Women in Ancient India in a book form comprising 22 articles (copies can be obtained from the Department on payment), and the proceedings of the seminars on Vedic Harappan Relationship and Worshipping Goddess are being edited and printed.
- The unfortunate partition of India in 1947 served a severe set-back to the Panjab University and this dismembered body of higher education was scattered with its Departments at Hoshiarpur, Jalandhar, Delhi, Shimla and Solan. It regained its lost glory very quickly and established itself in the newly constructed capital of the Indian Punjab at Chandigarh. Since then there has been no looking back. Amongst several disciplines taught at the University, the Indic studies received due recognition and an independent Department of Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology was established in 1961.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree obtaining at least 45 per cent marks in the subject of Postgraduate course or 50 per cent marks in aggregate.
- B.A. with (Hons) in the subject of the Postgraduate course or B.Sc. (Hons. School) course.
- Master's Degree in any other subject.
- B.A./B.Sc. with 45% marks in Philosophy/Political Science / Art/ Music / Modern Indian Language / Geography / Mathematics/Sanskrit/ Sociology/ History /Public Administration/Economics / Psychology / Physics / Chemistry/Geology / Zoology/ Botany.
International70 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 141 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National70 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 141 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
10400 Indian rupees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.