Social Work is one such discipline that has evolved out of such a realization within the realm of social sciences that caters to the socially marginalized, poor, deprived and the disadvantaged groups through the experts trained for the purpose. Imparting training in Social Work has also been necessitated by the growing need for partnerships between the State, Civil society and the Non- governmental & private actors, in an effort to bring all sections of society under the ambit of development.
The Panjab University has started Masters of Social Work (M.S.W.) degree programme that combines education, practice, and community service for preparing the postgraduates to work with individuals, families, groups, and communities in a variety of human service settings. The M.S.W. programme intends to instill in its students a commitment to improve social conditions and address social problems. The .mission. is that our students shall be the job creators and not only the job seekers.
- The course at the Panjab University will offer ample choice of employment opportunities for the postgraduates and can fetch them bright career prospects in government and non- government sectors apart from the international and other private organizations working towards social welfare. The curriculum of this course has been developed in the light of emerging social scenario in the wake of globalization and its impact upon the job market in India and abroad.
- They can work as project officers, programme coordinators, development consultants, field officers, counsellors, instructors, lecturers, social workers in the areas of medical & public health, education, family welfare, advocacy & human rights, development, funding and research etc.
Programme StructureIn order to accomplish this goal, the Department of social work is committed to the following objectives:
- To acculturate students to the social work profession including its history, purpose, values, code of ethics, and commitment to social service.
- To help students understand the context of social work practice including agency and organizational dynamics, policy development, and the impact of these on clients and workers.
- To increase awareness of and sensitivity to oppression and oppressed populations.
- To develop students. understanding of discrimination and its impact and to encourage them to make /interventions for equality.
- To provide a practice model for working with client systems that uses a process of problem identification, assessment, data collection, goal setting, contracting, intervention, termination and evaluation, and focus on the strengths of clients to solve problems
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Candidate having completed a Bachelor's Degree of the 3 years duration from the PU or any other recognized university with 50% Marks.
- The candidate have to qualify PU-CET (PG) Exam for the admission.
International594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 297 USD per semester during 24 months.
National594 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 297 USD per semester during 24 months.
- GEN: Rs. 21890/- per semester + other University charges
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.