The Police Administration programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- The courses aim to provide trained and professionally qualified candidates for the direct recruitment in the Police Departments of various States and Union Territories as well as various para-military forces viz., BSF, CRPF, ITBP, CRPF, GRPF, CISF etc.
- The courses aim to provide opening promotional avenues for the in service police personnel.
- The courses aim to provide trained and professionally qualified candidates for the reputed private security agencies/security personnel for the autonomous bodies like Banks, Universities, Hospitals, etc.
Objectives of the Centre
The programmes in Police Administration have been conceived with a view to achieve the following objectives:
- to expose the participants to the recent changes in the global, national and local environments and their implications for police administration;
- to provide knowledge about universal developments in the theoretical and practical aspects of police administration;
- to enable the participants to understand and appreciate police administration from citizens. perspective;
- to acquaint the participants with latest technology in the field of police administration; and
- to provide an opportunity to make use of information technology, quantitative research methods and computer applications in the area of police administration.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Criminology View 29 other Masters in Management Studies in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.A. obtaining 45% marks in any of the Social Science disciplines.OR
- M.A. in any of the Social Science disciplines.OR
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline/faculty with at least 50% marks.Nominated candidate be a regular employee of Police Department /Paramilitary Forces, etc. and possessing the above academic qualifications. Other eligibility conditions shall be as per P.U. Rules and Regulations
International640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 320 USD per semester during 24 months.
National640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 320 USD per semester during 24 months.
- GEN: Rs. 23665/- per semester + other University charges.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.