Today’s Paramedic is a highly skilled healthcare practitioner, who provides high quality urgent or emergency care to patients in a wide range of exciting, fast-paced and challenging environments. The Paramedic profession is at the forefront of the developing modern Nottingham Trent University, with paramedics extending their role in to an increasing range of new and exciting areas.
Careers and employability
After graduating from this MSc degree in Paramedic Science, you'll be eligible to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council. Your career prospects in this field are excellent because of the current high demand for registered paramedics in urgent and emergency care settings, locally, nationally and internationally.
Following the completion of your Newly Qualified Paramedic (NQP) programme in addition to the traditional roles of the Ambulance paramedic there are many other roles available to you as your experience grows.
- Principles of Paramedic Practice
- Human Health and Illness
- Legal, Professional & Ethical Practice
- Advancing Paramedic Practice
- Preparation for Professional Practice, Leading and Developing Others
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1966 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- 3 GCSE passes at grade C or grade 4 or above including Science, English and Maths.
- an undergraduate degree (minimum 2.2) in a human science or healthcare related subject, for example: human science, nursing, midwifery or an allied health profession
- Applicants holding non-human sciences undergraduate degree, will be considered if they are able to demonstrate subject specific knowledge from another source. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 150 hours of direct care experience. Relevant voluntary experience would be accepted as hours on a case by case basis. The direct patient contact experience must be gained prior to application
- NMC or HCPC registrants with conditions of practice are not eligible to apply for this course.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 24 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.