Nottingham Trent University Law School provides an International Legal Studies (Distance learning) award through distance learning to “top-up” professional legal qualifications or experience.
Careers and employabilityWe have a strong reputation for our Masters and professional courses and the study and successful completion of this course will provide an opportunity to enhance both your academic and professional profile.
It will build on your abilities by developing skills in research, legal writing and critical analysis, thereby developing a high level of knowledge and critical insight into your area of specialism. The learning environment provided is supportive and structured. This Masters is therefore highly relevant to the development of a career in professional legal practice or related profession.
The course can also assist you in seeking employment in the legal sector in the UK, or as an excellent grounding for an academic career around the world.
Residential study will include:
- the course
- legal research methods and good academic writing and practice
- how to use NTU's online resources as a distance learner
- a question and answer session
- social activities and group discussions.
- 4 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law Legal Studies View 164 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Nottingham Trent University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Successful completion of:
- Legal Practice Course, or
- Bar Professional Training Course, or
- Equivalent Professional Practice legal qualification in your home jurisdiction, or
- The relevant accredited prior experiential learning.
International3665 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3665 GBP per year during 4 months.
National3665 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3665 GBP per year during 4 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.