A fundamental requirement of any successful organisation is to be able to manage its accounting and financial activities efficiently and effectively. This requirement has become more obvious in recent times as organisations have faced turbulent economic conditions, lending difficulties, risk management issues and the criticisms of governance.
Through theoretical and empirical literature, case studies and interacting learning and teaching, you will develop a strong core knowledge of institutional, accounting and financial modelling frameworks. You will explore the operation of markets, their major participants and the regulatory environment, as well as building a firm understanding of corporate finance, basic accounting and financial analysis.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Trent University Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
Graduates from this Finance and Accounting course have gone onto roles within the public, private and third sector, undertaking positions such as:
- Head of Anti-Money Laundering
- Fund Accountant
- Financial Controller
- Investment Portfolio Manager
- Global Financial Markets
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Comparative Corporate Reporting
- Corporate Governance and Accountability
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 305 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above). Your undergraduate degree should either be in Accounting, Finance or in a business and management related subject with a substantial accounting and finance element.
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
- One academic reference is required.
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Two years (placement year)
- National: £12,385 (£11,000 in year one and £1,385 in year two)
- International: £19,385 (£18,000 in year one and £1,385 in year two)
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.