The Software Engineering program from United Arab Emirates University focuses on meeting the growing needs for software engineers. Students acquire solid foundations in theory and practice in software engineering, with in-depth exposure to the state-of-the-art in software development processes, methodologies, and tools.
The program is designed to impart knowledge and develop the skills needed to meet current and future information technology needs of government and corporate organizations, as well as to prepare students for Ph.D. degree programs in IT and related areas.
- Assume leadership roles to promote professional and organizational goals that address the needs of the community;
- Uphold and apply the principles of professional and ethical responsibilities to the design, development, and deployment of computing artifacts;
- Maintain professional competency in light of the advancements in the related disciplines, and develop professionally through continuing training and advanced education in response to changes in roles and responsibilities;
- Contribute to the body of novel software products, services, and knowledge;
- Collaborate professionally within or outside of their disciplines at national and international levels.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply software engineering knowledge to build robust, reliable, and maintainable software.
- Design complex systems based on efficiency, cost and data availability.
- Evaluate in depth the relative merits of software systems and artifacts at different levels of system architecture.
- Analyze Critically emerging software models, techniques, and technologies.
- Execute ethically project work or research that contribute significantly to Software Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrate advanced oral and writing communication skills individually and collectively
- Current Emerging Trends in Information Technology
- Management and Leadership in Information Technology
- System Analysis, Modeling & Design
- Software Construction
- Requirements Engineering
- Software Testing & Quality Assurance
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 8 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Arab Emirates
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in all undergraduate work;
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research; and
- A score of at least 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines delivered predominantly in English
International11160 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 558 EUR per credit during 18 months.
National11160 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 558 EUR per credit during 18 months.
2400 Fee per Credit Hour (AED)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.