At the University of Pécs , Faculty of Humanities You may learn Archaeology on master level. Our graduates develop their knowledge and skills in various methods of the theory and practice of archaeology to achieve successful careers as leaders of excavation projects, as museologists or as potential members of resarch groups.
You will be suitable for the exploration, excavation and processing of archaeological sources and sites, as well as for the management of such museum collections. You may be also familiar with other areas of cultural heritage in order to carry out the basic tasks in all institutions responsible for the exploration, protection, processing and presentation of cultural heritage. In addition, You will have the knowledge needed to fill the position of an archaeologist-museologist. You can be prepared to continue Your studies in Ph.D. programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Great Empires and so called Barbarians, Communication Networks
- Research seminar
- Field work, data procession, survey and excavation practice
- Classical Archaeology (art and religious iconography)
- Thesis consultation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology History Ancient History View 7 other Masters in History in Hungary
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of BA Degree in Arcehology, please attach a transcript for the courses you have completed (title, credits)
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA4400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2200 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Application fee: EUR 140
Living costs for Pécs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.