About the Program
More and more, the capabilities of a mathematics graduate are sought for by R&D companies, but also by management, finance, banking and insurance firms looking for individuals capable of framing problems theoretically and analysing large amounts of data.Studying in the Mathematics program of the University of Insubria strengthen abstraction and imagination, which allow the future graduate to develop flexible work capabilities and enable him/her to easily adapt to an ever changing work environment.
This approach is implemented starting from the very earliest years of the program. In our classes you will be taught to develop a critical approach to the material, requiring autonomy and creativity.There won’t be large books to learn by heart—rather, there will be concepts to understand, think about deeply, and be able to apply autonomously. In the end, you will learn to discuss problems, ideas and solutions in a precise and rigorous way and to communicate, both in Italian and in English, with experts in your and other disciplines.
- Analytic and Probabilistic Methods in Mathematical Physics
- Analytical Methods in Finance
- Categorical Logic
- Intelligent Systems
- Numerical Methods and Applications
- Topics in Advanced Geometry
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students in possession of a Laurea triennale in Scienze matematiche (L-35) can enroll in the program, but also students with an Italian degree in other disciplines or a foreign equivalent degree.
- By applying, prospective students must show to possess the necessary competence to fruitfully pursue the project.
- Curricular requirements are (at least) 48 credits in mathematics, 9 in physics and 6 in computer science. English language proficiency is required, at least of level B2 or equivalent.
International220 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 220 EUR per year during 24 months.
International students fees are different depending on the country of origin and the chosen programme.
Living costs for Varese
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.