About the Program
The Double Degree curriculum mainly focuses on immunology and clinical applications; the students admitted to this program will attend their second-year classes and will train to prepare their thesis at the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences, and at the end of the course will obtain the title of Master of Science Degree (MSc) in Biomedical Sciences also from the German University.
Job opportunities for graduates in the Biomedical Sciences programme of the University of Insubria are available in the fields of scientific communication, in the medical management of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies (as medical advisor or medical science liason), and in laboratories performing clinical, biomolecular, genetic and cytogenetic, microbiological, pharmaco-toxicological, and quality control analyses. Biomedical scientists are also qualified to actively participate in the design and conduction of research projects on biological concepts and theories applied to the biomedical field, as well as in the dissemination of the achieved results across the scientific community.
The degree also provides access to doctoral programs in the fields of Biology and Biomedicine, to various specialization schools in the Biomedical area, and to the state exam for qualification as a biologist.
- The study plan includes two different curricula. The first (Basic and Applied Biomedical Sciences) provides a very flexible and dynamic training, offering a wide range of elective courses to allow the students to customize their study plan according to their interests and inclinations. Thus, the students can opt for a more in-depth study of the cellular and molecular bases of pathological processes and of the main diagnostic-therapeutic intervention modes, with a special focus on the areas of oncology and neuroscience, as well as develop stronger applied biomedical skills.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates must hold a first-level degree (three-year) in the classes Biological Sciences or Biotechnology, or another first-level degree obtained in Italy or abroad, that can be considered equivalent according to the current legislation.
- Candidates satisfying the above requirements shall have to take an interview with a committee appointed by the Degree Program Board, aimed at verifying their preparation in the areas of physiology, pharmacology, molecular and cellular biology and biochemistry.
- Candidates must also possess adequate knowledge of the English language, as documented by: an internationally recognized certification for a level corresponding at least to B2 level in the common European Reference Framework for Language Proficiency.
- A transcript of records of the first-level Degree Course
- A photocopy of the passport
- The CV
- A letter of motivation
International240 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 240 EUR per year during 24 months.
International students fees are different depending on the country of origin and the chosen programme.
Living costs for Varese
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.