International Master on Mining Engineering focuses on new methodologies of machine learning, artificial intelligence and geostatistics, but still grounded in basic mining engineering courses. The 1st and the 2nd semester of the double degree programme will be held at one of the partner institutions, Instituto Superior Técnico of the University of Lisbon (Técnico) or University of Mining and Technology, Beijing (CUMTB), and the 3rd and 4th semester in the other.
The joint master degree programme International Master of Mining Engineering covers 120 ECTS points.
This corresponds to the usual study period of four semesters (two years). 30 ECTS points are usually acquired in each semester.
The 1st and the 2nd semester of the double degree programme will be held at one of the partner institutions, Instituto Superior Técnico of the Universidade de Lisboa (Técnico) or University of Mining and Technology, Beijing (CUMTB), and the 3rd and 4th semester in the other.
The degree programme always starts in September of every year. Just for the first edition, 2019/2010, the students complete the first and second semesters of the International Master program at Técnico, and the third and fourth semesters at CUMTB.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mine Exploitation
- Data Analysis and Processing
- Soil and Rock Dynamics
- Geographical Information Systems
- Drilling and Completion
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geology Mining, Oil & Gas View 6 other Masters in Geology in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form for admission to the joint master programm
- Proof of academic degree and study records (minimum requirement: Bachelor´s degree with a required study duration of at least six semesters or 180 ECTS)
- Proof of English language proficiency by means of a recognised language test (TOEFL, IELTS):
- TOEFL with an internet based score of at least 80 points or a paper based score of 550.
- IELTS with an overall band score of at least 6.0
- CET (College English Test, Band 4 for undergraduates, Band 6 for graduates)
- Applicants who are native English speakers or have completed a degree in English do not need to submit a proof of English language proficiency.
- Letter of Application (Description of the specific motives for the application for the master programme) in English (one A4 page maximum)
- Submission of a written CV which also shows any subject-relevant work experience and extracurricular activities in English (two A4 pages maximum)
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1063 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.