The joint master degree programme International Master of Science in Advanced Mineral Resources Development at University of Lisbon covers 120 ECTS points.
This corresponds to the usual study period of four semesters (two years). In each semester 30 ECTS points are usually acquired. The degree programme always starts in October of every year in Leoben, Austria.
All students complete the first semester of the master programme at Montanuniversität Leoben, the second semester at TU Bergakademie Freiberg, and the third semester at Instituto Superior Técnico from University of Lisbon.
The fourth semester of the master’s thesis, can be completed at any of the three partner universities. This study order is compulsory for all students.
The scientific profile of this master’s degree programme facilitates graduates to pursue a world-wide career in relevant mining and mine remediation compannies, public administrations or international organisations.
The graduates are active in planning, project planning, organisation, governance, and monitoring of and within firms, organisations, and administrations. There are further opportunities in the fields of research (both university and industrial), as well as in companies, or in the insurance or banking sectors.
- Mining Geology
- Mine Planning
- Rock Blasting and Ventilation
- Geo-Spatial Data Science
- Innovation and Strategy in Mineral and Energy Resources
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMining, Oil & Gas Environmental Management Natural Resource Management View 4 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Proof of academic degree and study records (minimum requirement: Bachelor´s degree with a required study duration of at least six semesters or 180 ECTS)
- In case the academic degree was not completed at one of the partner universities which are mentioned above, diplomas and study records are to be certified in compliance with the national legislation where the application is submitted.
- TOEFL with an internet based score of at least 80 points or a paper based score of 550.
- IELTS with an overall band score of at least 6.0
- Applicants who are native English speakers or have completed a degree in English do not need to submit a proof of English language proficiency.
- Letter of Application (Description of the specific motives for the application for the master programme) in English (one A4 page maximum)
- Submission of a written CV which also shows any subject-relevant work experience and extracurricular activities in English (two A4 pages maximum)
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1063 EUR per year during 24 months.
Montanuniversität Leoben, Austria:
- Tuition (only for non-EU citizens): € 727,-
TU Freiberg, Germany:
- Tuition: None
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.