Heart failure is a growing epidemic and a rapidly evolving subspecialty within cardiology. Our new Heart Failure MSc is a structured international teaching programme and the first of its kind.
The Heart Failure programme from St George's, University of London will be delivered by a multi-disciplinary group of cardiologists and allied health professionals and will include invited international key opinion leaders in heart failure who are leaders in their field.
While current awareness of heart failure among physicians is good, there remains a pressing need for experts to safely and effectively manage patients with this condition. Heart Failure MSc will provide you with a unique set of skills and knowledge to manage the increasingly complex patients with heart failure, developing you into a heart failure specialist.
This MSc is the UK’s first Master’s-level qualification in heart failure. A Master’s degree in Heart Failure from an established and highly ranked university will show potential employers that you have a high level of expertise.
As healthcare budgets tighten, staff with expert qualifications will be ever-more important to hospitals and healthcare providers, to make sure that investigation and treatments are carried out in the most efficient and effective way possible. This degree will set you apart from the competition, and provide you with unique employment opportunities within national health systems.
As a physician, this MSc will give you employment opportunities above your current cardiology experience, making you ideally suited for positions that require a heart failure specialist.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Epidemiology and Aetiology of Heart failure
- Diagnosis of Heart Failure
- Therapy and Management of Heart Failure
- Co-morbidities in Heart Failure
- Management of Arrhythmias and Device Therapies in Heart Failure
- Advanced Imaging in Heart Failure
- Advanced Heart Failure and Advanced Therapy in Heart Failure
- Multi-disciplinary team management and end-stage heart failure
- Acute Heart Failure
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 996 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum entry requirement is an MBBS (Medical Bachelor & Bachelor in Surgery) or equivalent for applicants outside the UK.
- Alternative professional qualifications may be considered and applicants holding these qualifications are encouraged to apply. Non-standard candidates may be required to submit supplementary details (e.g. transcripts), and/or attend interviews or selection days.
- Physicians are required to have two years of postgraduate clinical experience in cardiology and a documented familiarity with heart failure.
- Personal statement and references
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11750 GBP per year during 24 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.