The Department of Physics is imparting quality education and research guidance to its students with the aim of serving the community at large.
All the faculty members of the Department are striving arduously for achieving excellence in their profession and are utilizing all their potential to the maximum for uplifting the academic standards of the University. Currently, the department is offering undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
The recently organized national as well as international conferences, seminars and workshops speak volumes of the efforts the department has taken to ensure that its students are provided with an in-depth understanding of the field.
The Physics (Nanotechnology) program from The Government College University Faisalabad's mission is to provide rigorous training in the scientific process and a firm scientific understanding of nature to foster critical thinking and to provide scientifically literate and liberally educated physicists.
The primary functional aspects of our mission can be classified as: Educating and preparing undergraduate and graduate students for advanced study and employment in education, research institutes and industry. Developing highly qualified physicists who can serve as major contributors to the scientific and technological literacy in theoretical and applied physics.
Providing physics knowledge, experimental experience and training in analytical reasoning and critical thinking required as the basis for the students seeking advanced studies in physics. Polishing the expertise and competence in physics of our researchers/academic staff and to enable them to carry out advanced research in active areas of Physics as demanded by the 21st century .
- Mathematical Techniques in Physics
- Experimental Techniques in Physics
- Simulation of Semiconductor Devices
- Fundamentals of Micro and Nano Fabrication
- Synthesis of Semiconductor Nanostructures
- Vacuum Science and Technology
- Nano Biophotonics
- Nitride Semiconductor Nano Devices
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
minimum 24 credits
DisciplinesPhysics Electronics & Embedded Technology Nanoscience and Nanotechnology View 18 other Masters in Physics in Pakistan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidates must have passed MA/MSc or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50%marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/MPhil programs.
- The respective Dean/ acting Dean of the respective faculty shall supervise the test and interview and ensure the secrecy and transparency of the test
- The candidate must have passed departmental test or GAT NTS test with 60% score. However, the respective Department will arrange the written test and conduct the interview. (Online or Campus Test will be decided by Admission Committee at the time of admission)
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization.
International1168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 584 USD per semester during 18 months.
National1168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 584 USD per semester during 18 months.
Rs. 42700/ sem
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.