The study of microorganisms cannot be overemphasized as they are necessary for the production of bread, cheese, antibiotics, vitamins, organic acids, enzymes, biologics, sera and vaccines. Over and above, microbes also serve as the basis and the major tools in the fields of Molecular Biology, Modern Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering.
To create an environment conducive for learning through quality teaching and research. To produce competent and skilled professionals in the field of Microbiology to full fill the future needs of educational institutes.
The mission of the Microbiology program from Government College University Faisalabad is to prepare researchers to meet the challenges of industry, research organizations, science and technology. To develop the department as a model department of Microbiology in the country for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research.
- Advanced Bacteriology
- Advanced Mycology
- Advanced Virology
- Advanced Immunology
- Advanced Biorisk Management
- Tissue Culture Technology
- Advanced Medical Microbiology
- Advanced Parasitology
- Advanced Epidemiology and Public Health
- Public Health Microbiology
- Anaerobic Microbiology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Government College University Faisalabad and/or in Pakistan, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The candidates must have passed MA/MSc or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50%marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/MPhil programs.
- The respective Dean/ acting Dean of the respective faculty shall supervise the test and interview and ensure the secrecy and transparency of the test
- The candidate must have passed departmental test or GAT NTS test with 60% score. However, the respective Department will arrange the written test and conduct the interview. (Online or Campus Test will be decided by Admission Committee at the time of admission)
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization.
International1168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 584 USD per semester during 18 months.
National1168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 584 USD per semester during 18 months.
Rs. 42700/ sem
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.