Exploration of natural world of plants and allied creature for unravelling vast untapped resources of nature for the benefit of human race as well as the glorification of knowledge.
Being one of the oldest academic disciplines of this institution, the department is privileged to have a strong faculty and academic program. We are striving to nurture our industry with trained and skilled manpower and with the development of “early bird” innovative production processes.
Our research activities on medicinally important plant-derived constituents, nutritional fortification of edible grains crops, development of industrially important fungal enzymes and natural pigments, edibles free from biotic contaminants, etc. are being valued by national industrial enterprises. An all-out academia-industry linkage initiative has taken off from this forum and the relevant entrepreneurs are approaching us for collaborative research ventures of mutual interest.Currently the department has signed MoUs with WWF, Pakistan, NorthWest & AF University, China for research and academic collaboration. The Botany program is offered at The Government College University Faisalabad.
Tohoku University, Japan has also shown interest in collaborative research ventures and an MoU of mutual partnership is likely in coming days A number of nationally and internationally funded research projects are also underway and the academia is focusing on to broaden need-based research endeavours. Molecular Biology, Plant Physiology, Integrative Biology, Environmental Biology, Economic Botany, Mycology, Microbiology and Biotechnology are some of the focal areas of research at this establishment.
Currently research work is being carried out in the fields of plant molecular biology, fortification of cereal crops, medicinal plants and nutraceuticals, seed priming, enzymology, plant tissue culture, stress physiology, biochemistry, phytoremediation and heavy metal tolerance, improving crop acclimation to different agro-climatic zones and fungal taxonomy.
Research on genetic basis of stress tolerance in different crops is also under way.
- Cell Biology
- Plant Biochemistry
- Plant Ecology
- Plant Physiology
- Molecular Genetics
- Plant Anatomy
- Systematic and Plant Taxonomy
- Lab Techniques
- Environmental Biology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidates must have passed MA/MSc or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50%marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/MPhil programs.
- The respective Dean/ acting Dean of the respective faculty shall supervise the test and interview and ensure the secrecy and transparency of the test
- The candidate must have passed departmental test or GAT NTS test with 60% score. However, the respective Department will arrange the written test and conduct the interview. (Online or Campus Test will be decided by Admission Committee at the time of admission)
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization.
International424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 212 USD per semester during 24 months.
National424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 212 USD per semester during 24 months.
Rs. 15500/ sem
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.