For scientific community, the need to decode and interpret the information entrenched in the human as well as other genomes is growing every day because of the innovations in Bioinformatics and Biotechnology. Introduction and promotion of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology in the country as emerging sciences is one of the primary objectives of the Department. The Bioinformatics program is offered at the Government College University Faisalabad.
The mission of the Department of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology (BNB) is to provide a collaborative learning environment that prepares students in higher education to reach the forefront of leadership by developing the sophisticated computational methods to conduct groundbreaking research in key areas of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, to make fundamental discoveries, generate innovative solutions to practical problems and to develop new technologies for commercial applications.
The Department is committed to provide an exceptional environment for specialized training and to mentor tomorrow’s workforce through a challenging curriculum, exploration of scholarly research, design and implementation of original investigations and interactive partnerships.
- Advances in Molecular Biology
- Advances in Bioinformatics
- Advances in Artificial Intelligence
- Advances in Information Retrieval and Processing
- Research Methods in Biological Sciences
- Advances in Genomics and Proteomics
- Modern Techniques in Molecular Biology
- Seminar (General)
- Seminar (Research)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Government College University Faisalabad and/or in Pakistan, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The candidates must have passed MA/MSc or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50%marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/MPhil programs.
- The respective Dean/ acting Dean of the respective faculty shall supervise the test and interview and ensure the secrecy and transparency of the test
- The candidate must have passed departmental test or GAT NTS test with 60% score. However, the respective Department will arrange the written test and conduct the interview. (Online or Campus Test will be decided by Admission Committee at the time of admission)
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization.
International1168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 584 USD per semester during 18 months.
National1168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 584 USD per semester during 18 months.
Rs. 42700/ sem
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.