Through the advancement of knowledge, skills and human creativity, the Department prepares students to be independent and enlightened thinkers, professionals and opinion leaders of tomorrow.
The mission of the the English Literature program from Government College University Faisalabad is to inspire an appreciation for the English language and its literatures, and to cultivate its effective use in creative expression and day-to-day life. The Department strives to enhance student success by fostering an environment conducive to intellectual and personal growth and aims to preserve and protect academic freedom and intellectual independence. It provides a forum for critical inquiry and debate.
Our mission is to instill in the students a spirit of critical inquiry, capability to look beyond their parochial surroundings and analytical vision to place and define themselves in the wider social, cultural, political and ideological environment.
Through our extensive curriculum, we aim at development of an educated and enlightened population capable of informed judgment and responsible citizenship and the availability of persons who have the knowledge, skills and adaptability required by public and private enterprise.
- Literary Theory
- Research Methodology
- Postcolonial Studies
- Pakistani Literature in English
- Advanced Research Methods
- Literary and Critical Studies
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
minimum 24 credits
DisciplinesLanguage Studies General Studies & Classics Literature View 27 other Masters in Language Studies in Pakistan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidates must have passed MA/MSc or BS 4-years (minimum 130 credit hours) or equivalent degree in the relevant field from HEC recognized institution with at least 50%marks (Under Annual System) or 2.50 CGPA (Under Semester System) for admission to MS/MPhil programs.
- The respective Dean/ acting Dean of the respective faculty shall supervise the test and interview and ensure the secrecy and transparency of the test
- The candidate must have passed departmental test or GAT NTS test with 60% score. However, the respective Department will arrange the written test and conduct the interview. (Online or Campus Test will be decided by Admission Committee at the time of admission)
- Candidates working in the Government/Semi Government or private institutions shall have to submit “No Objection Certificate” from the concerned organization.
International1048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per semester during 18 months.
National1048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per semester during 18 months.
Rs. 38300/ sem
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.