There is unprecedented pressure on the environment from overexploitation, habitat degradation and destruction, climate change, invasive species, pollution and emerging diseases. However, you can be part of global and local solutions. The Ecological Management and Conservation Biology programme is offered at the Queen's University Belfast .
Many graduates enter the conservation sector internationally working across the global at the local level to affect positive change. But you don’t have to necessarily work in a conservation-orientated career - previous students have gone to places as unusual as art galleries where they have created scientifically inspired artwork as an alternative method for environmental outreach.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conservation Genomics
- Climate Change
- Emerging Diseases
- Environmental Economics
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Grassland Management
- Invasion Biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Environmental Management Ecology View 205 other Masters in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2.2 Honours degree or above in a relevant area of science, such as any type of biology (including animal science, biological science, environmental science, marine biology and zoology), agriculture or veterinary science and paleoecology or geography degrees are acceptable.
- We welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds, therefore applicants who do not meet the above academic requirements but hold a degree (or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University) and can demonstrate appropriate experience, will be considered on an individual basis.
- Examples of relevant experience include (but are not limited to); farming, zoo work, conservation charities, environmental consultancy, conservation relevant NGOs, relevant Government Departments and overseas conservation volunteering.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22050 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6650 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) - £6,650
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) - £6,650
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) - £7,470
- EU Other - £22,050
- International - £22,050
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.