Program in Graduate Institute of Cancer Biology and Drug Discovery's mission is to help students cultivate in the critical thinking and empirical research skills needed to understand cancer biology and develop novel cancer drugs. We provide an interdisciplinary curriculum, close interaction with research specialists, and the opportunity to develop relationships through on-site visits to industry centers.
What you'll study
The Graduate Institute of Cancer Biology and Drug Discovery from Taipei Medical University is designed to nurture world-class professionals in cancer biology research and drug research. Courses under four main categories (Cancer Biology Research Basic, New Drug R&D, Cancer Research Experimental Design, and Biomedical Informatics) lay the foundation for independent thinking and judgment, innovative thinking and problem solving, and the technical aspects of conducting research.
In addition to arranging on-site visits to biotech and pharmaceutical industries, the Program works closely with Taiwan Academia Sinica and TMU’s affiliated hospitals to provide students direct access to clinical and research resources.
- Research ethics
- Special topics in processing & translational research of medical science & technology
- Cell & molecular biology
- Advances in cancer science & technology
- Individual studies in anti-cancer drug
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with diploma of Bachelor degree accredited by Taiwan Ministry of Education (MoE) or students graduating in 2021 from MoE accredited Bachelor degree programs.
- Verification of nationality (e.g. photocopy of passport)
- Copy of degree certificate(s) or diploma of the highest level of academic attainment
- Copy of official transcripts (list of grades and courses) of the highest level of academic attainment
- One copy of proof of English proficiency, such as TOEFL, IELTS, or other official test results. Applicants who have had at least four years of formal education in an English speaking country may provide attendance records as proof of English proficiency.
- Statement of purpose
- Resume and personal statement
- PowerPoint file about Research plan
- Supporting materials are optional and may include academic examination scores
- Interview (100%)
International1628 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1628 EUR per year during 24 months.
All master students are given a full tuition scholarship. Scholarship applications should be submitted along with admission application.
Living costs for Taipei
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.