A good deal of our course content is of a technical nature which lends very readily to teaching methods which blend face-to-face and online delivery. We have used such an approach for the statistical and technical aspects of our course for many years and it has proved very popular with students. Online content delivery means students can digest material at their own pace, go back over sections they find challenging and take time to formulate questions
Careers & Alumni
Our recent MSc graduates of the course in Applied Social Research from Trinity College Dublin work in diverse areas such as public health, social science and market research, social policy, and statistics. A large number are employed in university-based departments and research institutes, Government departments, statutory organisations, the NGO sector, and private research consultancies. Many of our graduates have gone on to study for PhDs.
In other words, this degree provides a stand-alone qualification that enables career entry and progression in a diverse range of employment contexts whilst also providing a strong foundation for further (fourth-level or PhD) study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The programme consists of the following modules:
- Qualitative Research Methods and Research Ethics
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Research Design, Evaluation Research and Literature Searches and Reviews
- Work Placement
- Research Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Educational Research Public Policy View 10 other Masters in Educational Research in Ireland
- Applicants should normally have an upper second-class honors degree in one of the Social Sciences. Applications from graduates in other disciplines (e.g. health sciences, business studies, marketing, history etc.) who have relevant experience will be considered.
- 2 Reference Letters - applicants are not required to get two hard copy references. You must list two referee contact details on the online application form. An automated email will be sent to both referees asking them to complete a template and send it back. (It is preferable that references are either academic or professional)
- Official Transcripts - a transcript is a breakdown of the modules you completed and the grades you obtained. Please contact your University to request a transcript as soon as possible as some Universities can take up to 21 days to process transcripts. (This includes undergraduate transcripts and graduate transcripts if applicable)
- Curriculum Vitae
International22748 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22748 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA10655 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10655 EUR per year during 12 months.
Part time fee per year
- EU- €7,004
- Non EU- €14,950
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The School of Social Work and Social Policy is proud to announce the creation of a new scholarship for international (non-EU) applicants to our postgraduate taught programmes for 2021/22. These scholarships are open to any non-EU offer holders to a taught programmes in the School of Social Work and Social Policy for Michaelmas (Autumn) term 2021. There is one scholarship per taught programme valued at €4,000, applied to the reduction of non-EU tuition fees applicable to the first year for one-year programmes or split into two €2000 awards for each year of the two-year programme. Non- EU applicants who have an offer to join one of our taught programmes by 14 April 2021 to be considered for the award.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.