The main training aspects of this master’s degree are those related to the analysis of the destination, distribution and behaviour of environmental chemical pollutants, from toxicological analysis at a cellular and molecular level, the generation and application of biomarkers of exposure and effects, or the determination of mechanisms of resistance to environmental pollution, to the implementation of environmental bioremediation applications in degraded environments.
In this sense, an essential part of the training is integrated by the contents that include environmental risk assessment due to chemical pollutants, including life cycle assessments and environmental management, within the legislative and regulatory framework in force at European, national and regional levels.
The programme establishes as lines of research for the Master’s Final Project, cell biology in environmental toxicology, marine pollution, soil pollution and recovery, environmental risk assessment, environmental analytical chemistry and environmental public health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research in Environmental Contamination and Toxicology
- Advanced Instrumental Analysis
- Degradation and rehabilitation of estuaries
- Ecological Quality Assessment in Coastal Ecosystems
- Environmental Analytical Chemistry
- Environmental Biogeochemistry
- Eutrophication and Harmful Algae
- Cellular and Molecular Biomarkers
- Ecotoxicity Bioassays in Aquatic Risk Assessment
- Environmental genomics
- Histology and Histopathology of Aquatic Animals
- In Vitro Toxicity Testing
- Physiological Energetics of Marine Organisms
- Soil Contamination and Toxicology
- Environmental data analysis
- Environmental Risk Assessment
- Introduction to Environmental Biosafety
- Introduction to scientific research
- Social Perception of Pollution and Environmental Ethics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesToxicology Biodiversity & Conservation Environmental Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This Masters degree is aimed at graduates from diverse fields of knowledge such as toxicology, chemistry, ecology, animal health, public health, marine science and environmental science, and provides additional training that is useful to graduates from various disciplines with the professional goals of assessing biologically the ecosystem¿s health, both at a marine, freshwater and terrestrial level.
International2200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2200 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2200 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.