Build on your strong mathematical background to gain both a deep theoretical and conceptual knowledge of finance, together with the requisite high-level probability, statistics and mathematics, to enable you to undertake advanced quantitative modelling. Lab work will give you hands-on experience of using software packages for simulations and time series analysis, as well as learning programming for quantitative finance in three core languages: Python, C++ and R.
Our departments benefit from excellent links to key financial institutions and employers, and this course has benefited from industry recommendations.
Careers after the Mathematical Finance course at the University of Warwick
Where do our graduates work?
- Man AHL
- Barclays Capital
- Goldman Sachs
- Zurich Insurance Company
- Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
- BNP Paribas
- Bank of America
What do our graduates do?
- Junior Quantitative Analyst
- Director of Trading
- Market Risk Analyst
- Senior Investment Analyst
- Quantitative Strategy
- Head of Fixed Income options IT
- Valuation Controller
- Fixed Income ETF Trader
- Quantitative Financial Analyst
Compulsory modules include:
- Asset Pricing & Risk
- Programming for Quantitative Finance
- Financial Statistics
- Simulation & Machine Learning for Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- Stochastic Calculus for Finance
- Applications of Stochastic Calculus in Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Financial Mathematics Machine Learning View 112 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United Kingdom
- Our MSc Mathematical Finance is a highly specialised and technical programme. To succeed on this course, you will need strong ability in Mathematics and Finance, and some experience in Statistics or Econometrics, evidenced by a high 2.1 or first in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or another relevant quantitatively-focused undergraduate degree. A clear emphasis in your choice of undergraduate electives on the aforementioned areas will strengthen your application.
- When assessing your academic record, we take into account your grade average, and the position of the institution where you studied your qualification.
- You must have, or be expecting to obtain, at least a high 2.1 degree at Undergraduate level from a UK university, or overseas equivalent from a top-performing University.
International36000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National31000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Up to 50% scholarships available.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.