To acquire a M.Sc. Degree in Chemical Engineering from King Abdulaziz University, the student must complete not less than 36 Units including the M.Sc. Thesis.a) 10 Units for the Core Courses.b) 18 Units for Elective Courses.c) 8 Units for the M.Sc. Thesis.
Demands for chemical engineers have continuously increased in Saudi Arabia. This is due to the phenomenal growth that KSA has been witnessing in the process industry over the past 30 years, particularly in the oil and gas, petrochemical, water desalination, cement, and food industries. The Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering at King Abdulaziz University, has been a major contributor to meeting these demands by preparing highly qualified and trained chemical engineers to meet the different technical and industrial needs of these diverse industries.
Some of the current major employers of the Department`s graduates in the local industries include:
- Petrochemical Industrial Zones (Yanbu and Al-Jubail)
- Saudi ARAMCO
- Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC)
- Various private and multinational companies of different fields such as:
- Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Research Skills
- Advanced Chemical Engineering Calculations
- Chemical Process Simulation and Design
- Chemical Process Optimization
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry View 7 other Masters in Chemistry in Saudi Arabia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Acquired a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering.
- A minimum level of English proficiency in the form of a TOEFL score of 500 or ILETS 5.0
- GPA: Very good
- Two recommendation letters
- B.Sc transcripts
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.