Graduate students enroll in either the MSc or DSc Primatology and Wildlife Research course with one of the existing sections at Kyoto University's Primate Research Institute (PRI) in Inuyama (Aichi Prefecture), or alternatively at Kyoto University's Wildlife Research Center (WRC) in Kyoto. Both degrees offered are research-focused, but Master's students are also required to complete a set of courses and training programs provided by either PRI or WRC.
Students who have successfully completed their Master's degrees typically progress to the DSc program. MSc students have to take a series of classes in Primatology from April to June, but some of the classes are not taught in English but slides and supplementary information in English are available.
- Coursework includes both lectures and practicals such as laboratory training (including genomics) and field courses (e.g. at Yakushima and Koshima in southern Japan). Aside from this period, students are expected to devote their time to their Master's research projects until completion of the degree program.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should submit the documents below written in English. If any of the official
- documents are not written in English, English translations should be attached.
- Graduation (expected graduation) certificate
- General Information for Admission
- Academic Transcript
- Certification of English Proficiency
- Letters of Recommendation
- Letter of Support
- Statement of Research Interests
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Receipt of Payment
- Confirmation of Identity
International4159 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4159 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4159 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4159 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kyoto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.