The Faculty of Resource Science and Technology (FRST) and the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities (FSSH) jointly offer a capacity building academic programme for the promotion of sustainable land use and natural resource management in Malaysia (SLUSE-M). This programme confers either a Master in Environmental Management (Development Planning) or Master in Environmental Science (Land Use and Water Resource Management). Master in Environmental Management (Development Planning) or MEMD is offered by FSSH while FRST offers Master in Environmental Science (Land Use and Water Resource Management) or MELW.
SLUSE-M applies natural and social scientific theories and methodologies in developing interdisciplinary approaches to understand the problems and finding solutions related to sustainable use of natural resources. This capacity building initiative is realized through the improvement and integration of education, training and research involving students and academic staff of UNIMAS, in collaboration with other local and foreign universities and agencies.
Who Should Apply
The Environmental Management (Development Planning) - Environmental Science (Land Use and Water Resource Management) programme from University Malaysia Sarawak aims at providing opportunities to various groups of potential candidates such as:
- Graduates and professionals involved in resource and environmental management;
- Consultants and policy makers whose works are related to environmental resource management;
- The general public with a relevant bachelor degree who wish to learn or update their knowledge in resource and environmental management.
- Development and Society
- Development Economics
- Regional Development Planning
- Project Planning and Evaluation
- Research Project
- Ecological Science
- Green Management and Technology
- Sustainable Soil Resource Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 18 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in Malaysia
CGPA of 2.50
For admission into the programme, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor degree with a minimum with CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate;
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent but CGPA less than 2.50 may be admitted subject to a minimum of five years working experience in the relevant field or other equivalent qualifications as approved by Senate
International3378 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5067 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
National2326 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3490 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
- Malaysian student RM 17,272.00
- International students RM 25,072.00
Living costs for Kota Kinabalu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.