Physics is a fundamental science close to nature and involves study of matter and its motion in space- time, energy and force. Physics is both important and influential because advances in its understanding have often translated into newer technologies, which are of interdisciplinary consequences. Any newer area of research is characterized by a statement of different enforcing conditions; success lies in how correctly the basic physical phenomena are interpreted in these conditions.
In tune with the aforesaid, to make research and development meaningful and effective, we intend to start a post-graduate (PG) course. This Physics (Material Science) course from the Institute of Chemical Technology is designed to educate students-
- In basic physics – Physics at atomic and molecular level.
- In various statistical, computational and numerical methods
- In physical and analytical characterization methods.
- In newer research areas, by way of introducing electives and assigning result oriented research projects.
- The new research areas can include polymer science, colour science and application, nanoscience, renewable energy sources, surface and interfacial science etc.
- Classical Mechanics
- Mathematical Physics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Materials Science
- Solid State Physics
- General Physics Laboratory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics View 25 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc. with Physics at third year of the programme B.E/B.Tech only if equivalence committee at ICT recommends based on syllabus.
- For eligibility the candidate should have passed any one of the Bachelor’s degree as mentioned in required qualification for that respective programme. The candidate should have passed Bachelor’s degree from ICT or any equivalent examination of a post HSC/HSSC four year degree programme of IIT/NIT or any university/institute recognized by UGC/AICTE .
International671 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 671 USD per year during 24 months.
National671 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 671 USD per year during 24 months.
- 50,000 Rs.
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.