About this Degree
Chemistry is a fundamental science what connects us to the world. Concomitant to the developments in other fields of science, the developments in Chemistry are taking place at a phenomenal pace. Chemistry overlaps with many other disciplines in science and these developments bring out this aspect profoundly. Due to these developments, the traditional M.Sc. Chemistry courses at the Institute of Chemical Technology may not be very effective and meaningful in the present age. Further, it was observed that if the Chemistry students know basic principles of Chemical Engineering, they are more effective at the application level.
The programme has the following special features
- It is a semesterized and credit based programme.
- Chemistry will be taught as an integrated subject. It has a good blend of Inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, physical chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, materials chemistry, and interdisciplinary courses
- It offers many electives and the students will opt for four electives in semesters III and IV.
- It has one course on project economics to sensitize the students with respect to economics.
- Chemistry of main Group elements
- Organic reaction mechanism
- Heterocyclic chemistry
- Kinetics and Phase equilibria
- Instrumental methods of analysis
- Material and Energy balance
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc. with chemistry as major subject and and Mathematics at H.S.C Level or equivalent
International671 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 671 USD per year during 24 months.
National671 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 671 USD per year during 24 months.
- 50,000 Rs.
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.