The dozen principles of green technology are :
- Pollution Prevention at Source 2. Atom Economy 3. Less Hazardous Chemical Synthesis 4. Designing Safer Chemicals 5. Safer Solvents 6. Design for Energy Efficiency 7. Use of Renewable Feedstocks (Biomass, Biowaste) 8. Reduce Derivatives 9. Catalysis – Chemical and Biological 10. Design for Degradation 11. Real-time Analysis for Pollution Prevention 12. Inherently Safer Chemistry for Accident Prevention
- The manufacturing activity of specialty chemicals is conveniently classified into several unit processes such as, hydrogenation, oxidation, nitration, esterification, halogenation, alkylation and acylation, sulphonation etc. All these unit processes will be carefully investigated for a large number of real applications in terms of chemistry, mechanism, alternative routes and solvents, catalysts and kinetics. These are highly polluting processes. At least one of processes is used in a chemical plant and thus the use of principles of green chemistry and technology become very important in making them eco-friendly.
Mission of the Green Technology program at the Institute of Chemical Technology
- To promote the objectives, principles and outcome of green processes and products.
- To transmit research outcome to industry for making processes and products environmentally benign.
- Human resource development with awareness of environment and hazard related issues.
- To undertake sponsored projects of national relevance.
- To get quality publications in pear reviewed journals, national and international forums for the benefit of scientific community and society.
- Fundamentals of Green Chemistry and Technology
- Chemical Process Development and Engineering
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Chemical Safety and Risk Management
- Chemical Engineering Practical
- Research Project
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- B.Chem.Engg B.Tech/B.Sc (Tech) in any branch of Chemical Technology/ Biotechnology . B.Pharm M.Sc in Chemistry / Biotechnology/ Biochemistry
International807 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 807 USD per year during 24 months.
National807 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 807 USD per year during 24 months.
- 60,000 Rs.
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.