What is Surface Coating Technology?
Surface coating processes involve depositing a layer of molten, semi-molten or chemical material onto a substrate. One of the main functions of surface coating is to modify and reinforce the surface functions instead of reforming the composition of the bulk material. Some examples of surface coating processes include Physical vapor Deposition (PVD), Chemical vapor Deposition (CVD), plasma and thermal spraying, sol-gel, cladding and electroplating.
Surface modification processes can be classified as hardening by flame, induction, laser or electron beam, high energy treatments, e.g. ion implantation; and diffusion treatments, e.g. carburizing and nitriding.
The Department at the Institute of Chemical Technology is supported by University grand commission, Department of science and technology and other coating industries.
- Advanced Surface Coating Technology
- Structure Property Relationship in Polymers
- Physical Methods of Analysis
- Research Methodology
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Seminar & Critical Review of One Research Publication
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 116 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc(Tech) in Surface Coating Technology / Paints Technology / Oils Technology/ Polymer Technology /Chemical Engineering
- For eligibility the candidate should have passed any one of the Bachelor’s degree as mentioned in required qualification for that respective programme. The candidate should have passed Bachelor’s degree from ICT or any equivalent examination of a post HSC/HSSC four year degree programme of IIT/NIT or any university/institute recognized by UGC/AICTE .
International807 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 807 USD per year during 24 months.
National807 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 807 USD per year during 24 months.
- 60,000 Rs.
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.