The Cyber Defence and Information Assurance programme offered by the Cranfield University will specifically focus on responses to serious, present and emerging threats in the information domain.
The course enables the student to gain an organisational view of cyber, the domain, the drivers and constraints.
Whilst a technical understanding is of value, the course is designed to ensure that the bigger, contextual, aspects of cyber is understood thereby enabling decision making in relation to cyber to be undertaken within an organisation.
This qualification will take you on to become one of the next generation of managers who can understand and effectively manage and exploit the threats and opportunities of cyberspace at the organisational level. Crucially, it will also enable graduates to communicate cyber issues to senior management or executive board level.
The course is directly relevant to those wishing to improve their knowledge and skills as, or those aspiring to become, a CIO or CISO.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations: Management of Cyber
- The Human Dimension
- Critical Networks and Process Control
- Understanding Risk
- Cyber Attack - Threats and Opportunities
- Social Technologies
- Data Led Decision Support
- Incident Management
- Cyber Systems Thinking and Practice
Students will be government, corporate and critical information infrastructure staff who are one or more of the following:
- Managers or leaders in a cyber environment who need to understand information risk and respond to cyber threats.
- Procurement staff commissioning critical or sensitive projects.
- Policy and planning staff interested in computer network and security operations.
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences IT Security View 228 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United Kingdom
- A first or second class honours degree; or 3rd class degree with three years' relevant experience; or pass degree with five years' relevant experience; or HND/C with seven years' relevant experience.
- Exceptional candidates may be accepted with ten years' relevant experience, where this experience is gained in Information Security, Information Operations, Information Risk or a related role.
International3900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 60 months.
EU/EEA3900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 60 months.
- PgDip Part-time: £15,700
- PgCert Part-time: £7,850
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.