Medical Science - Pharmacology from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia provides well-maintained facilities and conducive environments to support learning and enrich local and international student experience.Students will discover their full potential as independent researchers by working with our experienced faculty members who will supervise them throughout their study. They will also participate in various projects ranging from laboratory- based or field research (hospitals or community) to inculcate genuine interest in their specialised research area.
Students at Medical Science - Pharmacology from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia will:
- join the postgraduate society to take advantage of increased networking, career development, and learning opportunities.
- be equipped with research knowledge and skills to support their career development/improvement in every area of academic or fundamental/applied pharmaceutical sciences which requires professional research and development scientists.
- Biostatistics Methods
- Protein Chemistry
- Structural Analysis of Biomolecules
- Developmental Biology
- Molecular Virology and Pathogenesis
- Protein Chemistry
- Receptors and Cell Signaling
- Issues in Drug Development
- Cancer: Experimental and Medical Aspects
- Drug Metabolism & Pharmacogentics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or from any other university recognized by the Senate; OR
- Other relevant professional qualifications or experience recognized as equivalent by the Senate; AND
- Local and international candidates must apply through the Centre for Academic Management UKM and Centre for Educational Extension, UKM respectively; AND
- For international candidates must also submit proof of proficiency in spoken and written english. An eligible candidate must have IELTS ≥ Band 6.5 or MUET ≥ Band 4 or TOEFL iBT ≥ 79 or TOEFL pBT ≥ 548 or Pearson Test of English ≥ 63 or Cambridge English Qualifications and Test ≥ 176 (with proof) taken within the last two years prior to application;
International3832 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3832 USD per year during 24 months.
National2293 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2293 USD per year during 24 months.
- National RM 9,670
- International RM 16,160
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.