The Educational Leadership graduate program from Vancouver Island University is enriched with school administration, educational psychology and educational research teachings that provide students the foundational building blocks to become innovative leaders in the school system.
This program prepares students with the practical, ethical, and social tools to solve problems, manage conflict and encourage growth. Graduates of the program find employment in leadership positions in the education sector, both domestically and abroad.
This cohort-based model is designed for students wishing to study full-time on the VIU campus. All formal coursework is completed over two semesters. The Field Inquiry and Major Project components are completed during the second year over two semesters. Students may complete these components with online support and can complete up to one semester early.
This part-time, cohort-based model is designed for those who can commute to VIU Campus (Nanaimo or Cowichan). Classes meet Friday night and Saturday six times during each of the Fall and Spring semesters over two years. As well, classes are held during July between first and second year.
This part-time, cohort-based model is designed for those who live at a distance from VIU. Preference is given to applicants who live beyond the mid-island region. During the school year, coursework is online. Year One begins with students meeting for eight days at a VIU campus. Between years One and Two, the cohort studies at VIU for the month of July.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leadership Values and Ethics
- Leadership in the BC Context
- Research in Education
- Educational Change
- Leading Learning
- Leadership Values and Ethical Decision-Making
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Management Studies Educational Leadership View 134 other Masters in Education in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a cumulative grade point average of “B” in the final two years and/or
- demonstration of academic excellence
- Submission of all official transcripts for post-secondary studies.
- Applicants whose previous degree was obtained in a country where English is not the primary/official language and from a university where English was not the language of instruction must meet one of VIU’s English Language requirements for Graduate Programs.
- A résumé outlining teaching experience (two years preferred).
- A letter of intent explaining why the applicant wishes to pursue graduate work in this area.
- Two current, confidential assessment reports.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26316 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26316 CAD per year
National17419 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17419 CAD per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.