Taking a post-degree in Latin Languages opens up doors to careers in government, tourism, international business, teaching and travel.
The Languages and Culture (Romance Languages) Post-Degree Diploma from Vancouver Island University offers students who have completed a Bachelor's degree (e.g. Bachelor of Education), the opportunity to document their completion of a specialization in Language outside their Bachelor's program. It is awarded subsequent to a Bachelor's degree.
The Languages and Culture (Romance Languages) Post-Degree Diploma is not an addition to the Minor; it has the same course requirements, learning outcomes, and evaluation procedures as the B.A. Minor.
Students must obtain a minimum "C+" average in all required first and second year courses, and then complete 18 credits of upper-level courses related to their language of specialization.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- French Oral and Written Practice
- French Normative Phonetics: Theory and Practice)
- Development of the Novel in French
- Special Topics in French Literature
- Special Topics in French Language
- Special Topics in Romance Culture
- Translation Theory
- Spanish Culture to 1500
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 78 other Masters in Language Studies in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This program is designed for students who have recognized Bachelor's degrees and wish to complete an academic credential equal in scope to a language minor. New students will be placed in language courses according to ability, experience, and previous education. Native French and Spanish speakers should consult with the department regarding exemption from lower-level requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16680 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16680 CAD per year during 12 months.
National4704 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4704 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.