The UCAS Conservatoires Institution Code for the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama is R59 and the Course Code for the MMus Composition is 802F (intensive) or 803F (full time).
- Specialist tuition in approaches to creativity
- Skills-based composition tutorials and workshops
- Opportunities to work collaboratively with industry professionals
- Advanced performance and recording classes, usually with students from a range of related disciplines
- Full programme of new music performances, presentations and productions
- Advanced principal study tuition from professional musicians
- Training in career development, self-promotion and sustainable technique
- International masterclass series
- Fully integrated performance programme by international artists
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Professional Musician
- Advanced Performance Analysis
- Research Project or Reflecting on Performance
- Advanced Teaching Skills
- Advanced Outreach Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music Composition View 40 other Masters in Music Composition in United Kingdom
- Entry is by interview and candidates should be able to demonstrate a level of ability appropriate for professional training. Applicants will be asked to send examples of their creative work to discuss at interview.
- Minimum entry requirements usually include a 2:1 degree in music or an equivalent qualification. Candidates who have been studying or working in another field will be considered.
International21962 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21962 GBP per year during 24 months.
National11163 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11163 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.