- Faculty members of the department are active in several research areas, such as :Algebra, Fluid Dynamics, Functional analysis, Operator theory, Matrix Analysis, Low-dimensional Topology, Mathematical finance, Numerical Solution of Financial Option Pricing Equations, Mathematical modelling of traffic flow, Cellular Automata , Mathematical modeling on water waves phenomenon, integral equation, Nonlinear Dynamics, Mathematical Biology, Theoretical Ecology , Number Theory, Special values of L-functions, Ordinary Differential Equations, Partial Differential Equations.
- The department at the Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar offers PhD program since 2010 and started M Sc program from 2015. The department offers core and elective courses in Mathematics across various B.Tech streams. The department attracts students and faculty members from others institutes for short-term research project through summer-internship program. The department is also looking post-doctoral fellows for their independent research at IIT Ropar.
- Real Analysis
- Linear Algebra
- Computer Programming
- Ordinary Differential Equation
- Complex Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 21 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject for at least two years/four semesters
- All candidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 55% aggregate marks, without rounding off, (taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined) for General/OBC-NCL Category Candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks,without rounding off, (taking into account all subjects, including Languages and Subsidiaries, all years combined) for SC/ST and PwD Category Candidates in the qualifying degree.
International114 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57 USD per semester during 24 months.
National114 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 57 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 4235 Indian rupees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.