- The major objective of this program at the Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar is to provide extensive graduate-level training to students in following critical areas of Biomedical Engineering: biomedical imaging; medical devices and equipment; biomechanics; rehabilitation engineering; biomaterials; tissue engineering; and cancer diagnostics and therapy.
- It will strengthen student’s technical skills in biomedical engineering and students coming out of this program will be proficient in applying principles of engineering to healthcare challenges. In addition, this program will provide an excellent platform for successful career in academics, government, and medical devices industries in India and abroad.
- Advanced Biology
- Fundamentals of Human Physiology
- Biomedical Electronics and Communication
- Biomaterials and Tissue Interactions
- Physics of Medical Imaging
- Medical Devices and Equipment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 12 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering (BE / BTech), with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10) and a valid GATE score. Relaxation for SC/ST candidates as per GOI rules,
- A master's degree in science (MSc / MS), or equivalent, with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10) and a valid GATE score. Relaxation for SC/ST candidates as per GOI rules,
- A bachelor’s degree in medicine/surgery (MBBS), pharmaceutical sciences (BPharm), veterinary science (BVSc), or dental surgery (BDS), with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10) and a valid GATE score. Relaxation for SC/ST candidates as per GOI rules
- B.Tech. from IITs with CGPA more than 8.0 (SC/ST 7.5) are eligible to apply without GATE .
International182 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 91 USD per semester during 24 months.
National182 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 91 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 6,785 Indian rupees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.