The origin of the Department of Psychology was one of the significant contributions by Padmashree N. D. Sundarvadivelu, the Beacon Light of education in Tamil Nadu and the former Vice-Chancellor of University of Madras. The Department was one of the four Departments started to constitute the Madras University Autonomous Post Graduate Centre, Coimbatore in 1974.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)The PEOs of the Applied Psychology MSc programme offered at Bharathiar University describe accomplishments that graduates are expected to attain within five to seven years after graduation:
- To prepare students to excel in Post graduate Programs and to succeed in the field of counselling and HR through global, rigorous education.
- To provide students with a solid foundation in psychology and help them in gaining skills in the various areas of psychology and also to pursue higher studies.
- To provide students with the foundation in skill development required to design, develop intervention strategies for behavior change.
- To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach, and an ability to relate psychological issues to broader social context, additional courses with regard to physical, psychological and career growth.
- To provide the student with an academic environment aware of excellence, outstanding leadership, written ethical codes and guidelines with moral values, and the life-long learning needed for a successful career.
- Research Methodology and Statics
- Elements of Health Psychology
- Organizational Behavior
- Cognitive Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Personality Theories and Application
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc. Psychology Degree from a Recognized University.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR1,980/semester ($27)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.