Department of Electronics & Instrumentation was established during the VIII plan period in Bharathiar University with financial assistance from the UGC, to provide various centralized sophisticated instrumentation facilities to various departments in the University, affiliated colleges and also to the industrial community in this region. The department offers Analytical Services with analytical instruments like UV/VIS/NIR Spectrophotometer - Carry 500 Varian, HPLC - Prostar Varian, Atomic absorption Spectrophotometer - AA220 Varian, Spectro Flourimeter, SFM25 Kontron, Ultra Speed Refrigerated Centrifuge and Research Microscope. The Centre also provides facilities for design and development of intelligent instruments for specific research applications with all kinds of tests and measuring instruments including 100 MHz Digital Storage Oscilloscope and accessories. It has a mechanical shop which is equipped with major machineries like Lathe, Vertical drilling machines, Tool grinder, Shearing machine, bending machine etc. The centre provides facilities for design and development of mechanical accessories, assemblies, models, etc for specific needs.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)After the successful completion of the Electronics and Instrumentation MSc programme offered at Bharathiar University, students are expected to:
- Be able to Select, install, calibrate and maintain instruments used for measurement and analysis and interpret the data obtained to arrive at a significant conclusion.
- Be able to analyze, design and develop signal conditioning circuits for sensors, actuators and select a suitable Embedded System for realizing various control schemes and smart instruments.
- Be able to design, develop and implement control schemes for various industrial processes and gain hands on experience in configuring Industrial Automation System such as PLC and LabVIEW.
- Sensors and Transducers
- Signals and systems
- Embedded Systems
- Electro Magnetic Theory
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- Intelligent Instrumentation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 116 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Pass in B.Sc. Electronics/Industrial Electronics/Electronic Science/Electronics and Communication System /Physics / B.Sc. Hons / B.Sc. Electrical Equipment Maintenance, Instrumentation or Equivalent Degree Foreign University
- A Pass in Triple Major (Maths, Physics & Electronics) or (Maths, Electronics & Computer Science)
- A Pass in B.Sc. Electronics with Computer Hardware, Technology of Applied Science, B.Sc. Computer Technology, B.E. with ECE, EEE, EIE, and A.M.I.E
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR5,280/semester ($71)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.