The Department of Physics of Bharathiar University traces its root as a post-graduate centre of University of Madras started in 1974 and became the Department of Physics of Bharathiar University in 1982. Over the years, the department has become one of the best centres for quality higher learning offered at the level of post-graduate and research programs.
Programme OutcomesOn successful completion of the Physics MSc programme offered at Bharathiar University:
- Understanding the basic knowledge/techniques/skills/modern tools
- Ability to apply knowledge on the latest development of the topic
- Experimental/Programming /Problem solving skills
- Newer experimental/programming code writing skills
- Team work/Analytical skills
- Effective communication capability
- Out spoken/group discussion/facing questions in the topic
- Independent thinking/confidence in the subject studied
- Obey professional, ethical and social responsibilities
- Commitment towards quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement
- Classical Mechanics
- Mathematical Physics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Thermodynamics & Statistical Mechanics
- Materials Physics & Processing techniques
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A pass in B.Sc. Physics with Mathematics and Chemistry as ancillary subjects.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR2,640/semester ($35)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.