The Department of Statistics, one among 20 academic departments in Bharathiar University, was started during the year 1979 under Post-Graduate Autonomous Centre of University of Madras with M.Phil., and Ph.D., programmes offered in Statistics. At present, the department is a full-fledged research department and offers Post-Graduate programme in Statistics besides M.Phil, and Ph.D., Programmes.
Programme Outcomes (POs)On successful completion of the Statistics with Computer Applications MSc programme offered at Bharathiar University, graduates will be able to:
- Possess adequate knowledge in theory and applications
- Adopt conceptual ideas, principles and methods in diversified fields of study
- Utilize analytical skills for basic mathematical computation
- Utilize software skills for statistical computation
- Prepare to participate in competitive examinations at the state and national level
- Acquire skills to meet the challenges in job placements
- Gain impetus to move for learning at higher level
- Gain effective skills to perform data analysis using statistical tools
- Identify potential areas of applications of statistical theory
- Recognize the importance and value of statistical principles and approach for problem solving on a diversified disciplines
- Real Analysis and Linear Algebra
- Measure and Probability Theory
- Distribution Theory
- Sampling Theory and Methods
- Object Oriented Programming with C++
- Statistical Estimation Theory
- Multivariate Statistical Analysis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A pass in B.Sc. Statistics, B.Sc. Mathematics, B.Sc. Mathematics with Computer Applications, B.Sc (Computer Science), B.C.A., with Statistics as one of the papers.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR3,300/semester ($44)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.