The Department of Zoology was started in 1973 as one of the departments of Madras University Post Graduate center at Coimbatore under the headship of (Late) Prof.G. Sundararajulu. When Bharathiar University was formed in 1982, the Department of Zoology became a part of it. Ever since its inception it has been promoting teaching, research and extension activities in the field of Zoology in this part of the state.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)After the successful completion of the Zoology MSc programme offered at Bharathiar University, students are expected to:
- Students will know the functional aspects of different systems of animals, classification species based on classical and molecular taxonomy.
- Students infer the concepts of evolution and its significance which leads to apply techniques to carry out high quality teaching and scientific research.
- Graduates will provide students with relevant knowledge, skills and values in contemporary molecular, cellular and physiological mechanisms of organisms.
- Understand the board areas of development, physiology and immunology of animals.
- Acquire knowledge on the nature and functions of hormones and learn the mechanism of hormone action in animals
- Acquire knowledge on importance of agriculture insects and its management practices.
- Familiar with essential skills and techniques for aquaculture practices and management.
- Understand the significance of biostatistics and familiar with essential statistical tools and their interpretation.
- Students provide the knowledge on animal’s biodiversity and interactions between organisms and their environments to drive the dynamics of populations and communities.
- Graduates will understand good laboratory practices and safety and also do in the field of Toxicology, Crustacean Biology and Reproduction, Aquatic Biotechnology and Live feed Culture, Conservation Biology, Disease Proteomics and Aquatic Ecology.
- Functional Morphology of Invertebrate and vertebrates
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Animal Physiology
- Functional Morphology of Invertebrate and Vertebrates, Molecular Cell Biology, Animal Physiology and Endocrinology
- Marine Biology
- Applied Entomology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Animal Sciences View 6 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A pass in B.Sc. Zoology /Animal Sciences / Advanced Zoology / Applied Zoology /Animal Sciences and Biotechnology/ / Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR2,640/semester ($35)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.