The Department of Computer Science was established in the year 2008 with its dedicated body of well –qualified faculty, technical staff and students. The Department is committed to be an international, multi-disciplinary, center of excellence in Computer Science through education and research. The Department offers M.Sc, M.phil andPh.D in Computer Science. The Programme on Computer Science equips students with comprehensive skills on computer Software, Hardware, Databases, Security, Cloud computing and Networks both at the conceptual and application levels. The Department is known for its discipline and for the importance it gives to the overall development of students in nurturing them towards becoming good software professionals and research scientists. All graduates of our department find excellent placements in research-oriented industries and top ranking global companies.
Program Outcomes (POs)
On successful completion of the Computer Science MSc programme offered at Bharathiar University you will:
- Gain and apply the knowledge of computer science concepts in appropriate domain of interest
- Ability to analyze the problem, identify the required computing facility and implement it to obtain solutions
- Ability to create a new design for the complex computational problems which meets the specific needs for environmental and societal impact domains
- Students can independently enable to acquire the innovative ideas and solve complex real-time problems by considering professional, ethical, legal and social issues
- Understand and choose the appropriate modern techniques and tools for the complex systems of various domains and understands the advantages and limitations
- Ability to work in a group with an effective rapport building with team members in computer industries to accomplish a common goal
- Ability to communicate effectively in the basis of presenting their research work and gain knowledge on documentation and reports writing in a professional way
- Ability to distinguish the ethical, legal and societal issues of computing surroundings and will take the responsibility by applying computer skill practices
- Ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society
- Demonstrate the principles of computer science and apply these in the multidisciplinary environments to manage project
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The PEOs of the Computer Science MSc programme offered at Bharathiar University describe accomplishments that graduates are expected to attain within five to seven years after graduation:
- Employed in software industry and engaging in understanding and applying new ideas and thoughts as the field evolves
- Promotion of interdisciplinary research for inventions/innovations for professional
- careers to meet the needs of the society
- Enhanced to cope up with the changing technologies in the frontier of computer
- science and allied field
- Incorporating Industry 5.0 Technologies in their career based on industry needs
- Advanced Operating System
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Advanced Java Programming
- Python Programming
- Compiler Design
- Linux Programming
- Information Security
- Internet of Things
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 61 other Masters in Computer Sciences in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Pass in B.Sc. Computer Science / B.C.A / B.Sc.(IT) / or its equivalent.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR5,280/semester ($71)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.