To meet the challenges of emerging scenario in the twenty first century and to optimally exploit the new opportunities in the field of commerce, the School of Commerce was started in September 1990. The department offers Ph.D, M.Phil, M.Com (Finance & Accounting) and M.Com (Finance & Computer Applications) degree courses. So far this school has produced 73 Ph.D and 137 M.Phil graduates.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)The PEOs of the Finance and Accounting MCom program offered at Bharathiar University describe accomplishments that graduates are expected to attain within five to seven years after graduation:
- With finance and Accounting knowledge graduates will be able to work in the different fields of commerce
- Graduates can enroll for higher studies
- Giants like TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Google etc., are ready to hire graduates with finance and accounting with computer skills.
- Graduates will act as an individual consultant in the field of finance
- Graduates will be able to clear Net /SLET which places them in the teaching job
- Graduates will be able to work in the changing environment through lifelong learning
- Graduates will be able to pursue advance degrees like Ph.D., with specialization
- Graduates will be able to provide solutions in the field of computers and commerce
- Graduates will be able to get jobs in private, public and Government sectors
- Graduates are prepared to participate in diverse sectors of the economy
- Communicative Skills
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Quantitative Techniques for Finance
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Management Information Systems
- Environmental Management Accounting
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A pass in Commerce,B.Com.(Computer Applications),(Information Technology), (Professional Accounting), (Finance), (International Business), B.Com.(Banking & Insurance), B.Com.(Accounting & Taxation),B.Com.(Cost Management Accounting), B.Com.(E-Com.),B.Com.(Financial System),B.Com.(Foreign Trade), BBA., BBM.,BBA(CA),BBM(CA),B.Com.(Corporate Secretaryship with CA),BCS(CA),B.Com.Co-op.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- National tuition fee: INR6,600/semester ($89)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.