The Department of chemistry was the first department to start functioning from the year 1973 in the erstwhile Post Graduate Centre of the University of Madras. The department of chemistry is offering M.Sc., M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes. There are two main areas of research namely synthetic inorganic chemistry and synthetic organic chemistry. At present, the department has five professors, a reader and a lecturer. The seven faculty members working in the department are engaged in guiding M.Phil. and Ph.D. scholars besides teaching and guiding M.Sc. students. Recently, the department has started a new self supportive course (Organic Chemistry) along with a new PG diplomo course.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)After the successful completion of the Chemistry MSc program offered at Bharathiar University, the students are expected to:
- To build the firm foundation in the fundamentals and correlate the application with the current developments in chemistry.
- To get sufficient expertise in the operational knowledge and laboratory skills in all
- major fields of chemistry.
- To emphasize on integrating various disciplines of Science and encourage for interdisciplinary approach.
- To acquire problem solving capacity, interpretation of results with the use of sophisticated instruments and devises new preparation techniques.
- To motivate the students to prepare for competitive examinations, job carriers and get trained for industrial entrepreneurship.
- To make current awareness on social, economic, and environmental problems facing globally
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A pass in B.Sc. Chemistry with Mathematics / Physics as one of the ancillary subjects.
- The candidates have to pay the Registration Fee of Rs.400/- through net banking / Debit / Credit Cards/DD/NEFT. SC/ST candidates have to pay only Rs.200/- provided they have to produce a photo copy of his/her community certificate. The online filled in application form shall be completed in all respects and the soft copy can be downloaded. Those who are making online payment need not send the hard copy of the application.
- The application may be filled online at https://admissions.b-u.ac.in the guidelines for filling up the online application is available at www.b-u.ac.in
International375 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- M.Sc. Chemistry - National tuition fee: INR2,640/semester ($35)
- M.Sc. Chemistry (Differential Fee Structure) - National tuition fee: INR5,280/semester ($71)
Living costs for Coimbatore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.