Your Programme | M.A. Photography
The Master's degree in Photography provides critical perspectives on photography and new visual media. You gain the tools to think and look critically at your work and the work of your peers, while also looking outward to the professional world of image makers and the historical roots of the medium. The programme is designed with enough flexibility for you to refine your own photographic orientation and artistic practice.
The MA Photography from SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences prepares you for an immediate entry into the diverse field of visual art. This could mean, for example, working as an independent artistic or applied photographer, picture editor, art buyer or art director.
Due to the theoretical focus of the programme, you will also be able to pursue a career as a curator for museums and galleries.
The international Master of Arts degree also allows you to pursue an academic career, including doctorate and post-doctoral studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Photography Lab, Core Integrated Practice, Encountering the Image, Methods of Image Analysis, Images in Context
- Core Project
- History of Photography
- Printed Matter, Advanced Integrated Practice, Foundations of Media Theory
- Photo Book, Advance Research Methodologies
- Photographic Print, Theory of lens-based Media
- Advanced Project Print
- Issues in Contemporary Photography
- Spatial Practice, Expanded Integrated Practice, Interdisciplinary Approaches to Media
- Expanded Photography, Contemporary Media Theory
- Spatial Intervention, After Photography
- Expanded Project Space - Manifesto
- Critical Perspectives on Photography
Back to the Future
- Master's Thesis & Colloquium
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 29 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two or three creative works
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your passport/ID
Letter of motivation
- Proof of English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5400 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- citizenship | EU/EEA (incl. Switzerland, Western Balkans and Ukraine): EUR 800 / month
- citizenship | Non-EU/EEA: EUR 5400 / semester
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Please contact us for more information: email@example.com
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.